Posted to sci.electronics.repair
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

Default Inverter microwave ovens - reliable?

In article , jakdedert wrote:
GregS wrote:
snip

Maybe the reason the light does not come on is because it is burned
out.

The light comes on when its cooking. I usually carrry a flashlight so I can

see the
condition of the food.

That seems kind of obvious: door switch...probably gunked up with food
residue.

jak
greg

It never worked. I don't see any reason to not believe thats the way its
designed. I need to hear from those who have these.
But, one day I'll open er up and change it.

I remember way back on an old Norelco microwave, the controller
failed, so I got out the old mechanical timer just like the one
on my first Heathkit microwave. I can't stress how this simple and easy
to use feature is missing on todays ovens. My father loved it.
I think on better models they used aother timer to cycle
the defrost. Those older models had at least 3 fail safe
microswitches on them, but the switch took the full current.
I'm sure in a fail safe mode, at least one microswitch in
ALL microwaves take the full current.

greg