Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default Washing walls prior to PVA-ing, plastering or painting

Stuart Noble coughed up some electrons that declared:

I use a long handled scraper (the Stanley knife type)to skim gunk off
plaster. You need to keep turning it over to keep a sharp edge, and
wiping it clean, but it beats the hell out of washing. It also gets rid
of any gritty bits and leaves you with a baby's bum surface.

Hey - I think I've seen those in B&Q. OK - I'm with you here. So you don't
do any more than a cursory wash off afterwards, if at all then?

I'll try this. It would be good to be able to add to the wiki with some more
optimised techniques for particular paper types (I've done good vinyl,
cheap vinyl and painted ceiling paper and they all need different
techniques.)

Thanks muchly;

Tim