Posted to alt.home.repair
Kate[_4_] Kate[_4_] is offline

Default Ceiling Medalion

Best thing is to make sure you have at least one blank line between the
text you're replying to and your reply. That way the poor little
newsreader (your Thunderbird program) won't get all confused.

OK, see if this works. Do I need to cut and paste, or is this OK?

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 3/3/2009 4:28 PM Kate spake thus:

Forget screws! All they'll do is dimple, crack or otherwise deform
the poor thing. Don't know why anyone even suggested them (they may
have been thinking that this was a heavyweight piece of plaster,
wood, etc.).

The caulk will hold just fine. Think about it: there's practically no
weight there, so no need to be concerned about the gap opening. And
the gap is no doubt due to an uneven ceiling as you surmised, which
is not uncommon.

It is a done deal. It is so light that I left it as it, thanks. It
looks good too.

Hope I trimmed this correctly.

Well, sorta, sorta not.

Notice that your answer ("It is a done deal", etc.) came out as part of
*my" quoted text; you apparently started typing immediately after my
reply that you were responding to, so your reply got mixed up with what
you were replying to (does that make sense?)