Posted to alt.home.repair
Ashton Crusher[_2_] Ashton Crusher[_2_] is offline

Default A Letter From The Boss....Good One....

On Mon, 02 Mar 2009 21:59:08 -0600, Andy Asberry
wrote:

On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 20:42:16 -0700, Ashton Crusher
wrote:

No, the significant difference is that Texas takes in HUGE taxes from
oil. They have money coming out their ears compared to most other
states. that's why employeement is lower in Texas, because they have
HIGHER taxes, just taxed on stuff before it gets to retail.

Wrong! The reason is Texas' constitution says there can be no deficit
spending. The money has to be there before we spend it. There are no
pie in the sky programs to be paid in the future.

That's true of most states.

Just for grins, explain to me how higher taxes would equal lower
unemployment.

Because a lot of the tax comes from out of state and supports instate
work. they have a huge highway program that's all state funded from
taxes.