Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Safe to Paint a Light Fixture?

As someone else suggested, let the paint dry overnight
before turning the bulb on. Should be fine.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Kate" wrote in message
Sorry, I meant to say I would like to paint the reflector
shields white.
They are black now.

Kate wrote:
I have several recessed (canned lighting in my ceiling)
light
fixtures in my family room. The interior of this fixture
(reflector shield) is black.

They are not your normal 6" fixture, but instead measure
8" which I am
finding is an odd size.

I would like to spray paint the reflector shields black.

Ace sold me Satin Krylon Fusion for plastic/metal.

I am concerned that this may be a fire hazard.

Can anyone advise me on this?

Many thanks.

Kate