Posted to sci.electronics.repair
msg msg is offline

Default Small nickel-iron temp probe needed

GregS wrote:

msg wrote:

snip
Perhaps someone has recollections of small assemblies of resistance wire
either used for heating, in the 10 to 12 Watt (at 120 VAC) range, or
for sensing, that might come in at around 1150 ohms

snip

I don't know your linearity requirments. I might suggest using a thermsiter.
The only thing I know of, 1 K are hard to find, are some SMT thermisters.
I had used one soldeing leads on to it. Typical 1097 ohms @ 25C
You can add series resistanc eto calibrate scale. Linearity might
be off which is gain of device.

Thanks for your reply.

I had originally hoped to find a compatible PTC thermistor but decided that
I probably would find it easier to scrounge enough nickel-iron wire to do
the job, as that was what the controller originally expected for its sensor
and is matched to its RTC.

Michael