Posted to sci.electronics.repair
msg msg is offline

Default Small nickel-iron temp probe needed

Yukio YANO wrote:

msg wrote:

snip

Perhaps someone has recollections of small assemblies of resistance wire
either used for heating, in the 10 to 12 Watt (at 120 VAC) range, or
for sensing, that might come in at around 1150 ohms

snip

Why not use the filament of a Vacuum Tube ?
Try a battery operated one like 1B???
Or one like 12AX??
Might have to break the Glass envelope
This would solve all the mounting problems
How about a 25 watt 110 Volt Light Bulb?

I have often wondered how these might work in a Thermal Conductivity
Vacuum Pressure Gage ?

Thanks for your reply.

I suppose one could work up an R-T chart for various filaments, however
for my application, I need more sensitivity than tungsten and other
conventional filaments could provide. It would be fun to test a filament
and/or heater from a 117V tube and also various low wattage light bulbs
in a temp bridge, but I do need to approximate the nickel-iron RTC of
about .00518 ohm/ohm/degC.

Michael