Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default #OT# Raiding the pension "trust funds"

Kirk Gordon wrote:

What to get an education for? For the very good reason that you
don't know, and can't know, what you'll need to know in the future.

Please note that Ed and I both used the word "education". Not job
training. That's a whole different thing, and usually so short-sighted
that it contributes to our problems, rather than helping to solve them.

I had more than one educator tell me the purpose of what they were teaching me was to
train me how to learn, not to teach me what I need to know.

The most liberal member of the faculty, told me to listen for what is not said. We get
spun all the time, pay attention to what is glossed over, that is the thorny part that
needs attention. I guess that is part of critical thinking.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller