Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jakdedert jakdedert is offline

Default GE Microwave Relay Needed

William R. Walsh wrote:
Hi!

My guess is that unless you can dress the contacts, you're stuck
finding something similar and adapting it to fit.

It was difficult to open the relay without destroying its internals. I
mangled the casing pretty badly while trying to ease it up and off.
It's still functional. The contacts are so badly burned that I haven't
been able to save them so far.

With 12 volts on the coil, that points to a vast inventory of automotive
products to choose from.

I hadn't thought of that...that is a good idea. I'll have to see what
is on the market if some of the other leads don't turn anything up.

I'd let this oven go and send it toward the parts bin and recyclers,
but I hate to do that.

William

What is the contact architecture? I've seen automotive relays up to
maybe 8PDT or more. If you can find a similar, different voltage,
relay, perhaps you can swap pieces from it....

jak