Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Downie Tim Downie is offline

Default Freesat and PVR installing?

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Mike
writes
On Tue, 3 Mar 2009 10:27:34 +0000, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

Although we had Sky plus I
don't appear to have two cables coming out of the wall and into the box.

You've either lost a cable (into the wall?) or you didn't have Sky
Plus.

Definitely had Sky plus but of the two cables coming through the wall one
seems to be a cable that they insisted we plug into the Telephone socket.

Does the satellite cable have two plugs on the end of it? If not, I don't
see how you could have used the Sky+ box properly. If it does then you have
a double cored lead.

AIUI, unlike terrestial TV, you have to have a separate aerial lead for each
tuner. If you really only have the one single cored lead then you won't
have been able to watch one program whilst recording another. The Humax box
has two inputs for the two sattelite feeds and I dare say that the Sky+ box
is the same.

Have only two leads into television one thick one with aerial type
connection and one very thick blue one with scart lead connection.

It's not what's going into the TV that's important at this stage, it's
what's going into the back of your Sky+ box.

Have a look at the back of it. Does it have two satellite input
connections? Do they have plugs connected to both of them?

Tim