Posted to alt.home.repair
Kate[_4_] Kate[_4_] is offline

Default Ceiling Medalion

It is plastic, and super light weight, but not sure of the exact weight.
Thanks.

Tony Hwang wrote:
Kate wrote:
No, but it is very light in weight.

It seems to be holding. We get very hot weather here, and I am
wondering if the caulk may get old and let go over time? Do you think
I need to put in a few screws?

Sorry, I know I sort of asked this same question before. I am just
wondering about the hot weather now.

Thanks again.
wrote:
Kate wrote:
I just inserted caulk and have it taped to the ceiling to dry.
It looks great, but time will tell. I hope it holds.

Do you know approximate weight? If not heavy, caulk will probably
hold just fine.
Thanks.

Pat wrote:
On Mar 2, 1:59 pm, Kate wrote:
My boyfriend installed it, and after the fact, I read that it
should be
caulked first. We hung a chandelier. The best bet would probably
be to
take it down and start over. Sigh!

Thanks.

wrote:
Kate wrote:
Genius idea. I am good with putty - LOL. This is ideal.
Putty is not a good choice - if you get the oily kind, you may
not be
able to paint it. I assume you followed installation
instructions when
you put the medallion in place?

Start over again with the chandelier or the boyfriend?

Hi,
Would appreciated if you don't top post.
It is a hassle scrolling up/down to read the thread.