Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default Another Day....Another Lying Republican

John R. Carroll wrote:
"Wes" wrote in message
"John R. Carroll" wrote:

"Wes" wrote in message
"John R. Carroll" wrote:

It was nice getting each sides take on events. As you know, each side
tends to see things
though a prism.

You won't learn anything real listening to any of them Wes.
As an example, if I want to know what the worlds top business leaders think
I listen to what they have to say for themselves.
This group, in particular, is among the smartest on the planet and if you
want to learn about, oh say ethics, you listen to what they have to say.

Herb Kelleher once fired a very senior execuive in an airport. I saw it
happen and the cause was a simple lie and it wasn't anything huge.
SWA is run like that and so are many other of the worlds tiffany
corporations. Something like this happened at the last IMTS. Mo just fired a
top guy on the spot because the guy was lying. MAG is a better company
because while they expect screw ups they recognize that a lie isn't a screw
up.

Jeffrey Immelt from GE characterized great leaders by four traits and the
most important one was that great leaders aren't great because of what they
know but by how fast they can learn what they don't.

You won't hear anything like that from entertainers like Howard, Rush or any
of the others.
They will be wanting to chew it for you and frankly, I prefer to do my own
chewing and tasting.
C-Span has a number of podcasts that are good to listen to if traveling.
That and Steve
Gibsons Security Now, Off the Hook, and some gun rights podcasts make the
drive into work
enjoyable.

Broaden you listening horizons a little bit and you will be better informed
Wes. Your head might hurt more often but you won't be relying on people
who's sole purpose in life is a $400 million dollar entertainment contract.
Thise guys don't really care about anything beyond that. They certainly
don't care about you or I.

JC

Excellent, JC, smack in the center of the bullseye.