Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Portable Line Boring

"Ecnerwal" wrote in message
I'll try for an omnibus reply.

A few commercial sources for those that think this is just old-tyme
stuff.

http://www.yorkmachine.com/
http://www.americanmachinetools.com/Line_Boring.htm
http://www.boremaster.us/
http://www.dlricci.com/drill2.htm

Yes, I'm (hopefully) redoing some worn out pivots - or eventually I am -
I may need to keep abusing them for another summer to get work done, but
if I can do a bit at a time and get the worst ones done, it would help.

You're probably aware that you only have to bore that line very rough.
Portable align-honing equipment to finish the job will take out a lot of
metal these days, although you won't be able to take out the tens of
thousandths they get with fixed diamond honing machines.

--
Ed Huntress