Posted to alt.home.repair
Kate[_4_] Kate[_4_] is offline

Default Ceiling Medalion

I just got a ladder up there, and I think the gap is bigger than that.

I will probably use caulk if I can get it up in their neatly.
Any ideas how I can hold the medallion up until the caulk dries?

The medallion is held in place just by a light fixture cap.

Thank you.

wrote:
Kate wrote:
I just had a ceiling medalion installed.

It looks great, except one side has a tiny gap.

What is the best way to "snug" this up against the ceiling?

Would super glue work? I thought about double-backed tape, but
imagine that would still leave a gap. Not only that, when the weather
gets hot it will probably get dry and let go.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks Group.

Kate

I assume "a tiny gap" is about 1/16-1/8"? The normal procedure would be
to use paintable caulk to fill the gap, let that cure and paint over as
for the rest of the ceiling. How is the medallion held in place?

FWIW, a basic "how to" book for homeowners would be a good investment.
It helps save money to know in advance what steps should be taken for
remodeling or repairing. You may also find "how to" brochures where
they sell caulk. There are zillions of kinds of caulk and what you
should look for is for interior, paintable, nothing fancy. Water clean-up.