Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] nmbexcuse@hotmail.com is offline

Default Electrical conduit coupling sticking out of the wall

I have a junction box on a wall where 3 parallel 1/2" rigid EMT
conduits runs down to.

For some reason the conduits all run to about 8" above the box, the
electrician put in the EMT coupling and continue on down to the box.

This results in the three coupling being very close to each other
running in parallel.

The coupling all have two screws that stick out. Normally you can
loosen them turn them closer to the wall, and tighten them again to
avoid them from protruding out beyond the furring strips.

But because they are side by side, I cannot get this to work. If I
turn them inward there is no room for me to tighten it sideways. Any
suggestions?

MC