Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
spaco spaco is offline

Default Portable Line Boring

I know of a place in Roberts Wisconsin that has (or at least had) a
pallet load or two of J heads. When they rebuild a Bridgeport, they
always take the J head off and upgrade at least one notch.

Pete Stanaitis
-----------------

Ned Simmons wrote:
On Mon, 02 Mar 2009 14:05:48 -0500, Ecnerwal
wrote:

I'm seeking thoughts, insight, tips or tricks relating to portable line
boring. I have a backhoe, and when it was built, LBJ was president.

I'm leaning towards kludging something together in the $500 (less if I
can) and sweat realm, which may not have auto feed (if it's manual feed
and the manual feed is fine enough to work, that should be OK, and
cheaper).

Can you borrow the head from a Bridgeport? Then all you need to do is
scab together a mount for the head, a boring bar, and a guide bushing.