Martin Angove

Default Cables under concrete floor

In message ,
"Rick Hughes" wrote:

Martin Angove wrote:

1: PVC cable is unsuitable for embedding directly in concrete according
to the On Site Guide, table 3A (p94) so some sort of conduit is called
for.

If PVC cable is unsuitable for this - why is it suitable for direct bury in
roughging when used on blockwork walls ?? it's the same material in
contact ?

Hmmm... come to think of it, what the OSG probably means is not to lay
cable and then pour concrete all over it. It is possible that something
in the unset/setting mix will react with the PVC. I really don't know,
and someone else here can probably advise better. When putting cable in
channel, the stuff is already set and so presumably more-or-less inert?
They're not worried about wet plaster - good job too!

Hwyl!

M.

--
Martin Angove: http://www.tridwr.demon.co.uk/