Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bruce[_4_] Bruce[_4_] is offline

Default Watts dumpy level, Type SL10-4

Andy Dingley wrote:
On 2 Mar, 12:51, Bruce wrote:

There is a standard method of adjusting a Dumpy level that should be
found in every basic guide to surveying.

Or more usefully, it's probably in "Brickwork" vol 3 too, which is
worth having and is also on Google books
http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=i...fox-a#PPA83,M1

I was trying to set up a SiteSquare the other day and was pleasantly
surprised to find that the web's best effort then turned out to be
this book, which was already on the shelf within arm's reach - I'd
forgotten it did optics too.

Thanks for that, Andy. I'm sorry of my reply appeared a little terse,
but I was trying to make the point that the Watts level should be
adjusted in the same way as any other Dumpy level, using the standard
technique that should be widely available online or in basic texts.