Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default CCTV effective distance to read a number plate.

In article , Owain
scribeth thus
Vortex3 wrote:
I'm not sure exactly what you are wanting to achieve (permanent
installation?) but I would be inclined to look for some kind of HDV
camcorder - preferably CCD rather than CMOS - as a starting point.

Megapixel IP CCTV camera is probably what is needed. Much more
controllable, with the camera able to do its own motion detection and
record different resolutions at different times.

http://www.networkwebcams.co.uk/index.php?cPath=99

There's a quiet, but fairly responsive, forum on the site as well

Owain

They seem a tad expensive for doing it over IP?...
--
Tony Sayer