Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Craftsman Lawn Mower Overfilled With Oil

On Mar 1, 7:05*pm, (pbarts) wrote:
My one year old Craftsman mower was overfilled with oil (unbeknowst to me)
a few days ago, was started, but never got as far as cutting any grass
(lazy son, not the mower). *I went out to cut the grass this afternoon and
had trouble starting it. *I checked the gas then checked the oil and found
that the oil level went a couple inches up the dipstick where full is
about 1/3 inch. *Apparently there was so much in it, it was spraying out
of the air filter. *I drained a bunch out of it and let it set for awhile.
*I tried it again, and it started momentarily, belching out a huge cloud
of white smoke. *Tried one more time getting a smaller cloud of smoke
before it died.

What is my best option at this point? *Does it need to be stripped down or
can I salvage it some other way? *Any suggestions or recommendations would
be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Paul B.
Texas

* * ****** * ****** * ******* *=============================

Delivered via *http://www.thestuccocompany.com/

It probably wasnt overfilled with oil but the float stuck and flooded
it with gas, does oil smell like gasolene, Do you shut off gas to the
carb with a valve. Drain it all if it smells of gas.