Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default What to call, how to find spacer ring for light fixture

On Mar 1, 3:42*pm, Christopher Nelson wrote:
In my bathroom, above the vanity, there is a mirror and a fairly
shallow light fixture. *I'm about to replace the mirror with a
recessed medicine chest which has a crown molding. *The lights on the
fixture will end up being a bit too close to the wall (1/4-1/3 above
the molding, not shining down on the mirrored door of the cabinet and
the top of the vanity).

I believe I've seen a short metal adapter which can be used to move
the fixture out an inch or so from the wall; it screws to the existing
wiring box and then the fixture attaches to the adapter. *But I've
Googled several phrases and not gotten any hits.

Am I imagining that this thing exists? *If not, what would you call it
and where can I get one?

Chris

I did something similar by mounting the light fixture on a plank. I
finished the edge of the board with a decorartive detail using a
router and my wife painted it to look like bushed nickle. The faux
finish was the hard part

JImmie