Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default cleaning stove extractor fan hood

someone coughed up some electrons that declared:

"Tim S" wrote in message
someone coughed up some electrons that declared:

Angle grinder

Har-har, very funny. Anybody else with a more useful answer?

Yes - if it comes off, and you have a dishwasher, try that, with a double
dose of powder on the hottest setting.

Worked for me.

Erm, I don't have a dishwasher.

At least I said "if" rather than glibly assuming ;-

But - if I were to buy some dishwasher
whatever powder, I wonder if that would work? You could have a point
there.
I will investigate dishwasher powders as a cleaner. Thank you.

someone

Well, in that case, I might be tempted to try washing powder in boiling, or
at least fairly hot water in whatever is big enough to hold the part.
Washing powder is surprisingly effective at shifting some things.

If it's too big for a sink or bucket, then I guess it would have to be the
bath and hot tap water and loads of powder. Soak, then take a brush and
give it a scrub, maybe soak some more.

Cheers

Tim