Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default skip diving - whats the best you have rescued?

dennis@home wrote:
"Clot" wrote in message
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Clot wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:

SNIP

Is doing 32mph in a 30 limit speeding? Is stopping on a yellow
line for two minutes a real offence? Does anal retentive have a
hyphen? What colour is the sky on your planet?

Thank you, I belong to your church. I cannot comprehend this idiot
use of speed cameras and that speed is the cause of accidents. Of
course it is if inappropriate.

SNIP

UK-DIY once again veres wildly off topic :-)

What I'd like to know is when the present 30 & 40 limits came into
being - and what braking systems were common at the time?

Compare & contrast a 1953 Ford Popular with its 7" drum brakes &
cross ply tyres, with a modern car with ABS, servo, discs, radials
etc. Sure the reaction time of the driver might be the same, but
the braking efficiency of the vehicle is entirely different.

I plead guilty to the charge of diverting this thread. No doubt
Dennis will advise us as to which statute I have contravened.

Have you done something wrong?

You don't appear to be abusing anyone unlike TMH.
I wonder if BY still chuck people off usenet when they are abusive?

Good idea Dennis. Accusing people of ripping off old ladies is abusive.

How do I find his ISP so I can complain?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk