Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Champ[_2_] Andy Champ[_2_] is offline

Default skip diving - whats the best you have rescued?

dennis@home wrote:

Of course it is if inappropriate.

Like when the speed limit is set lower than you want to drive?

There is a place on my commute to work where the speed limit was
recently reduced from NSL (60) to 40. On a bridge over a motorway.

I can only assume it was reduced because the adjacent 30 had been
extended, and the NSL section to the next 40 is now too short for some
regulation.

I can imagine no other reason why it is set like that.

It's also been pointed out that the limit, even at the hazard, averages
5mph too low because they set it to the next 10MPH below the actual safe
speed.

Andy