Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Has anyone taken apart an Electric Water Heater?

Stormin Mormon wrote:
That doesn't square with what I have been told. Close the
cold inlet. Open a hot faucet, to relieve the pressure. And
then *close* the faucet. You sure don't want a bunch of air
coming in the faucet, and allowing the water to drain out.
Bad enough that some air gets in the element hole.

I don't think you completely read my post.

"Hint, close the T/P valve first and any open hot
water faucets." This was after relieving pressure.

Premature postification, it happens to all men sooner
or later. *snicker*

TDD