Posted to alt.home.repair
trader-of-some-jacks trader-of-some-jacks is offline

Default Shower stall leaks into kitchen & caulking didn't fix it

On Sun, 01 Mar 2009 11:08:50 -0500, "
wrote:

Define "ugly". Got pin-holes or fine cracks? If you spray water on it,
does water soak in or bead? Is there caulk around the plumbing
openings? What is on the other side of the wall from the plumbing fixtures?

Ugly just meant there's some mildew and discoloration on the grout.
It's dirty, but seemingly intact. No guarantees that it's absent
pin-holes or fine cracks, but none that I can see.

No caulk around the plumbing fixture outer perimeters, although a
plumber put these in and I know he used caulk between them and the
wall.

On the other side of the wall from the plumbing fixtures is another
bathroom wall, with no plumbing on it.

Is shower floor tiled, too?

Shower floor is one of those circa-1978 (when house was built) plastic
pans, maybe 4-5 inches deep, dropping down to a center drain.