Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default My brain hurts

Steve Walker wrote:
On Sun, 01 Mar 2009 18:14:03 GMT, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Swmbo went to B&Q this morning to buy some new plastic drawer
inserts for the kitchen.

She called & asked me what size the drawers were. 400 x 400 was the
answer provided by my trusty tape rule.

She asked a B&Q droid who handed her two inserts clearly marked
"400mm wide drawer inserts".

They didn't fit, being 330mm wide x 430mm deep. They didn't actually
measure 400mm in any direction I could find.

I took them back & got two "500mm wide drawer inserts". They were
430mm wide.

Quick trim & they fitted, but is it asking too much to assume that
things described as 400mm & 500mm wide should actually be 400mm &
500mm wide?

Confused of Medway

Are the 330mm ones designed to fit one of their 400mm wide units,
hence the 400?

Dunno, but the package is clearly marked "400mm wide". Silly me, I assumed
it meant they were 400mm wide :-)

You are prolly right though.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman