Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default skip diving - whats the best you have rescued?

"Adrian" wrote in message
"ARWadsworth" gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying:

Tameside council website says

Speed limits are in place for a very good reason - to inform
motorists of the safest maximum speed for a stretch of road.

What a load of ********.

Most of my commute is on roads where a fraction of the limit is too fast
- even in ideal road and traffic conditions. On some stretches, barely a
quarter of the limit is as fast as is appropriate.

Equally, on other stretches of road, the limit is far lower than an
otherwise safe and appropriate speed would be.

As the 3rd most dangerous stretch of road in the country (I cannot find a
reference at the moment) is half a mile from my home I find it odd that the
only speed camera on it is located at the safest place on the road (ie just
before it becomes a 30mph limit and where there are traffic lights). All the
accidents and deaths are 1 mile further up from this camera where the non
traffic light controlled crossroads are.

So it is not just Tameside that takes the **** with speed camera locations.

Adam

Adam