Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Has anyone taken apart an Electric Water Heater?

That doesn't square with what I have been told. Close the
cold inlet. Open a hot faucet, to relieve the pressure. And
then *close* the faucet. You sure don't want a bunch of air
coming in the faucet, and allowing the water to drain out.
Bad enough that some air gets in the element hole.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote
in message ...

I've changed a lot of electric water heater elements
without draining the heater. Of course I turn everything
off and relieve the pressure but if you're quick enough,
you can remove and replace the element with very little
water splashing out of the hole. It's even better if you
have a helper to hold a pan or small bucket to catch any
water. Hint, close the T/P valve first and any open hot
water faucets.

TDD