Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vortex3 Vortex3 is offline

Default CCTV effective distance to read a number plate.

"chili-girl" wrote in message
For a normal CCTV camera (that is linked to a PC capture card) and on
a fine sunny day.

Is there a typical distance you can read a number plate.

With one of the SafeCore CCTV 1/3" SONY Colour WDR & ICR(True
Day&Night) Camera (Hi-Res.) cameras 752x582 picture element, 520 lines
resolution, 0.1 Lux / F1.2 day, 0.001 Lux / F1.2 at night
with IR switching and with effective IR illumination.

Do you own one of these cameras, or were you just thinking of buying one?

You see coincidentally I was just about to list a camera on eBay that might
be interesting to you....(accept my apologies for being presumptuous)

Text:
http://home.btconnect.com/vortex/mcl...00eBaytext.pdf
Datasheet: http://home.btconnect.com/vortex/mcl/MCL1500.pdf
Manual: http://home.btconnect.com/vortex/mcl/MCL1500Manual.pdf

BTW This camera is a good bit of kit but DOESN'T have a night mode.

Ping me if interested. I was hoping to convert it into enough money to buy
a takeaway. That's all!