Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
T[_2_] T[_2_] is offline

Default "Bird Cage" Revisited

In article , hal-
says...

Paradise Valley Mall has REAL barn owls nesting at each entryway...
ZIPPO pigeons... the PETA people are outraged ;-)

Why are pigeons more valuable than owls? (That's a rhetorical
question. I don't expect a sensible answer from PETA or anybody
else. I prefer owls. There are plenty of pigeons.)

A year or two ago, there was a falcon that spent a lot of time
on the top of the Palo Alto city hall building. At 9 stories,
it was one of the taller places around. I assume it was checking
out the local housing.

Local bird watchers thought this was a great idea. Lots of other
locals were not supportive. The problem was that the falcon was
dropping leftover pigeon bits down on the entranceway and it didn't
pay much attention to wheather there were people there or not.
Some of the locals were grossed out.

Now that is too funny. People needed to learn the feeding habits of the
falcon, then they wouldn't have to worry about the pigeon bits.

Two photos for ya:

Caught this Red Tailed Hawk outside on the balcony of the RI State
Library which is in the State House. I've been told he frequently
lunches up there, his specialty is rabbit.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kd1s/536130528/sizes/l/

And here's on of a pigeon belly up and partially encased in ice.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/129/3...bc013ff1_b.jpg

I do know there are a pair of Red Tails that nest on the tower across
from the park where this was taken.