Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
catguy catguy is offline

Default What is cause of miss . . .

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message

Snip stuff

You can get a decent OBD-II scanner for between $60 and $100 if all
you need is to keep the engine running right.

auto zone and others will loan you a reader. Generally need a credit
card and they will often bill you for the cost of the reader, then
credit it back to you when you bring it back in good condition.

Dont..dont use a debit card unless you have enough money in the bank to
cover the cost of the reader. They pullt the money immediately..it may
take several days to put the money back into youraccount.

It cost me$30 in fees to "borrow" a reader last year.
I could have bought one from Harbor Freight for not much more money.

Gunner

Autoparts stores in Kalifornia are no longer allowed to "loan" readers. As a result Kragen had a
blowout sale on OBD II readers for less than $25 in Jan.

Also, never never never never never never never ever use a debit card. Way to dangerous as you and
many others have found out. A credit card is the only way to go as long as you pay off the balance
every month. Oh, and did I say never use a debit card.......Paul