Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus7092 Ignoramus7092 is offline

Default Hardinge HC problem

I brought that Hardinge HC home (the one that I advertised here) and
while it seems mostly complete, I seem to have a problem or a
misunderstanding.

The issue is that of speed control. It has a speed control with a
variable speed pulley.

When I powered the lathe, it would run. Then I started messing with
speed control handle and slowed the lathe down, which it did. The
speed was adjusting in ways that seemed odd, as in, possibly it was
increasing if I put that handle in center position. Then, as of now,
the speed control stopped moving that adjuster altogether. If I move
that speed control handle all the way to the left, the lathe just
stops. I cannot yet explain this weird behavior and I am sure that I
am missing something.

Since there are different versions of HC floating around, here's a
webpage with many pictures:

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Hardinge-HC/

Also if anyone has a PDF manual of a Hardinge HC, I would love to get
a copy, and I will place it on my manuals website as well.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/