Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default skip diving - whats the best you have rescued?

"Clot" wrote in message

Thank you, I belong to your church. I cannot comprehend this idiot use of
speed cameras and that speed is the cause of accidents.

That is why they need the speed traps, because you and others don't
comprehend.

Of course it is if inappropriate.

Like when the speed limit is set lower than you want to drive?

When the rain is thundering down whilst travelling on the motorway, I have
had to reduce my speed to 20 mph and less for all's safety sake, (
crumbles, I recall having to drop to less than 11mph on the M11 circa 15
years ago due to the conditions) .

You are lucky I was forced to stop as it was impossible to see five feet the
rain was so heavy.
Of course I choose a good spot under a bridge some of the others just
stopped where they were.

I frequently used to commute on a motorway in the Midlands, whilst a lady
in her 50's ( I'm just still in my 50's) used to drive at circa 45 mph
causing HGVs to overtake and cause risks to all. Why she was not pulled
over and banned escapes me.

Because she is allowed to drive at 45 mph on a motorway.
You lack of understanding of the law appears to be a problem.

I have to confess to having being done for doing 36 mph ( I think it was
without checking, it might have been 39), a few years ago just inside a
recently moved limit, where it was 40 mph for many years. The Income Crew
sited their camera so that all could be seen to exceed the new 30 mph at
the transition point and were clobbered with no regard to safety issues. I
did not pursue the case but I am sure that my rear bumper was still in the
40mph zone when I was done!

That isn't speeding, its driving without due care and attention!
You were allowed to be done for speeding as a let off.