Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default skip diving - whats the best you have rescued?

In message , Stephen Howard
writes
On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 01:31:30 -0800 (PST), Dave Starling
wrote:

Happened to notice a new build going up and dump some goodies in a
skip as they are just doing the snagging. Managed to get around 50
brand new, 7 newton blocks. Movin that lot certainly burnt a few
calories! Theres still more in there, but imagine they'll be gone by
the time I go back!
A couple of years ago I managed to find a skip near a commercial build
which had around 6 bales of shrink wrapped soundpoofing rockwool
slabs.

My best trophy from a skip-dive was Garrard 301 turntable - but I had
a client once who came in with a Selmer Model 22 baritone sax he'd
pulled out of a skip in Notting Hill....it was covered in brick dust
but otherwise unharmed. Finding something like that in a skip is
rather like finding someone has dumped a Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost in
your back garden.

I liberated an A0 plotter once - never used it though
--
geoff