Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen Howard Stephen Howard is offline

Default OT performing rights society

On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 14:24:00 +0000, Grimly Curmudgeon

drugs began to take hold. I remember John Rumm
saying something like:

However the vast majority of people will feel perfectly justified in
ripping their own CDs to use in these ways (as they would making their
own compilations from their existing CDs etc).

Over the years I have bought, at full price, many albums of music.
Rather than sit down and laboriously rip them all to mp3, I have quite
happily let someone else do the work and downloaded 'illegal' copies via
Limewire or similar.
As far as I'm concerned, my attitude is that I've already paid for the
music once and that's enough. Bruce and his cohorts can go ****
themselves.

It's hardly laborious.
All you need is a copy of a freeware program called CDex. This will
rip your CD to wavs of mp3s ( of chosen compression ).
It even features a connection to a remote database which will
automatically fill in your track titles etc.
It takes about as long to rip one CD as it does to find and download a
couple of tracks from Limewire - plus you can be assured you won't be
trying to open any dodgy files.

Exact Audio Copy is another excellent ( and slightly better, I feel )
program that does much the same - and again it's freeware. I orefer to
rip to wavs, and this program gives me better results.

Regards,

--
Steve ( out in the sticks )
Email: Take time to reply: timefrom_usenet{at}gmx.net