Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Filling in concrete cavity below grade

MiamiCuse wrote:
In order to pass a 3/4" PVC electrical conduit from inside of the
house to outside of the house below grade, I had to chip out part of
the concrete block wall, and since it's below grade on the outside
and then travels vertically up on the inside wall (to get to a
junction box), I had to put two 45 degree elbows into the hollowed
out section and that makes the hole more than the original drilled
out 1" hole. Now I want to fill it back up with something. I don't
want to use those expansion foam I would like to back fill with
concrete. However, the cavity inside the 8" thick concrete block
wall is bigger than the hole. I don't think I can "pour" concrete
in.
Is it ok to add more water to get the concrete "soupier" so I can
pour it in? or is there another way? It's not a big cavity I think
just about the size of a milk carton.

Sure, add some water. That's what they do when doing concrete construction
and they want to fill the top, "U" shaped lintel by pumping "grout" into it.

You might want to enlarge the hole some too in an upwards direction...the
soupy grout will pretty much self level so you won't be able to fill above
the bottom of the hole; once the soupy stuff sets, mix some stiffer mortar
to stuff into the upper part.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...