Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default potassium cost vs salt

HeyBub wrote:
Tony Hwang wrote:
Sodium aggravates hypertension - but does not CAUSE it. Six percent
of the population has hypertension and about half of those have the
type that is exacerbated by sodium. So, then, for 97% of the
population, salt has NO effect on blood pressure.

Controlled studies have been done where subjects have been given up
to 25 grams of salt per day over prolonged periods. As best
researchers can tell, their bodies simply excreted that which was
not necessary. The most recent study was completed last year by the
Department of
Defense and is found in a report titled: "Excess Salt as an
Interrogation Technique," Physiological Measurement Study Group,
Camp Delta, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

Hmmm,
Even if for a person who has a compromised kidney function?
I had a kidney x-plant 16 years ago, sodium is big no, no.

Good point. I'm sure there's the occasional odd situation such as yours.
Heck, there might even be one or two who are allergic to salt!

On the other hand, maybe you just got a sub-standard kidney... Didn't come
from Walmart, did it?

Hi,
Genetics. Knowing it way ahead of time it lasted 10 year longer than
expected according to doctor.