Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Yet more evidence of the Depression II

On 2/27/2009 1:20 PM Oren spake thus:

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 11:47:55 -0800, David Nebenzahl
wrote:

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=272705

Shows a line of UP locomotives sitting idle in a lineup in the Inland
Empire of California; more than 125 at last count (more than a mile and
a half of locos).

We're screwed.

Plenty of box cars are staged in the desert, around here. They await
transfers for the correct UP train. Locomotives may just be at the
service yard.

Nope, these are in what apparently is called a "LUGO" (laid-up good
order) line, meaning there's nothing wrong with the power except for not
enough goods to haul. Definitely an economic thing.

You *never* see this much "head-end power" parked at one time.

--
Personally, I like Vista, but I probably won't use it. I like it
upgrades. As long as there is hardware and software out there that

- lifted from sci.electronics.repair