Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] chrisj.doran@proemail.co.uk is offline

Default Repair HunterFan digital thermostat?

On 27 Feb, 19:58, wrote:
This is Hunter Fans Digital Thermostat Model 44360.
It has worked to control my gas furnace for 6 years.
I like it's design and features. Hunters have a bad rep with
service people from what I've read in HAVC forums. But
I like mine and would like to repair it.

Lately its calibration is off by 2 to 4 degrees. I know this
by comparing it with three other thermostats: a new Honeywell
replacement digital and 2 old Honeywell mercury-switched thermos. In
addition, a room thermometer confirms the others' readouts.

As the room reaches warmer temps the Hunter's readout will
become more unstable and gravitate towards the 4-degree
range.

All this may or may not have started after I knocked the Hunter off
the wall. There was no apparent damages.

Looking at the cb there is a protected part that sticks out.
It has a plastic guard around it. The circuit board has the marking
"RT" . *It appears to be a very small glass bead or
mini-mini LED type of device. *Exhaling warm breath or placing my
fingers around the guard will cause the readout to rise.

Have you blown the dust out of this area?

Chris