Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Garden Fence Options

In article , pete
scribeth thus
On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 22:24:54 +0000, S R wrote:
We've recently moved to a new house with a garden, which we wanted so
the kids could play safely. Obviously, when they're playing football or
tennis there is a risk of the ball going into the neighbours garden.
They are a middle aged couple (no kids) who look after their garden and
won't put up for too long with our kids climbing over the 4ft stone
dividing wall to fetch their balls.

It's generally considered polite to *ask* before retrieving balls etc.
You never know, your neighbours may well throw the balls back over if
you treat them with respect.

One we had when a nipper .. used to delight in kicking the ball back
over the fence where we'd kick it back

Till his missus came out and started grumbling!..

--
Tony Sayer