Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe AutoDrill[_2_] Joe AutoDrill[_2_] is offline

Default Bearings and Thrust Problems...

On one of our multi-drill set-ups, rather than use the built in feed on
the Clausing drill press, we have an air cylinder pushing the spindle from
the top using a live center. We vary the feed pressure with a regulator.
Simple and haven't had any issues. We are blessed with a couple of used
machinery dealers around here. This Clausing was a couple hundred bucks.

LOL... That's essentially a home made version of my AutoDrill. I'd love to
sell him my AutoDrill for the process, but if he won't buy another DP, he
certainly won't buy an automatic drill.

They might be able to retrofit an air cylinder like you did though...
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R