Posted to uk.d-i-y
Edgar[_2_] Edgar[_2_] is offline

Default dot matrix printer

Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 09:17:04 +0000, Stephen Howard wrote:

Assuming the nozzle is in the cartridge,

I think this is the case with HP and some Canon's but not Epson's.

My experience with an Epson stylus color 1160 is to leave it on all the
time. Since I started doing that I've had no blockages at all. I'd say
the printer is not used more days than it is and even on a busy day
probably less than 30 sheets are printed. When I used to switch it off
blockages were frequent with similar usage.
I only use the clean button immediately after changing cartridges. And I
allow the machine stop out of ink before bothering to change the
cartridge.
I've no idea why this should happen but I'm very pleased it's so
reliable.

Edgar