Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian C Adrian C is offline

Default dot matrix printer

Adrian wrote:

You're forgetting the _really_ big drawback of an inkjet. They clog if
left unused, which results in the already expensive consumables becoming
VERY expensive.

Depends. Having a laser printer to do most of my printing, my Canon
Pixma ip4300 Inkjet doesn't get used on more that a few occasions in a
month, or maybe zero.

However, it's never (me touches MDF) blocked up on me when required for
printing.

However, the previous Epson Photo 750 was kindly sent to the dump as
freecycling it would have been a waste (and needlessly annoying) for
someone to take it on and keep it fed with cartridges and the 'windolene
clear' needed to wash through and unclog it.

Inkjets can have some really nice output, this one is easily better than
my Panasonic KX-P7510 laser for grayscale printing - never mind that it
can do colour glossy photographs better than that printed in magazines.

--
Adrian C