Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Green U Turn on Nuclear.

Bruce wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Bruce wrote:
Why not throw in a few dioxins, cyanides, phthalates and polychlorinated
biphenyls too? They can't do much harm - they are all made from things
that came out of the ground, after all.

Quite. All entirely natural materials. That will in time break down.

That's all I need to know from you. End of discussion. ;-)

You don't like truth and facts much, do you?

You can have the last word; after all, you are the one who thinks
dioxins, cyanides, phthalates and polychlorinated biphenyls are
harmless.

I never said that. Lying isn't the best way to promote your cause.

I simply said that they are natural substances that will in time break down.

If you equate 'natural' with 'harmless' it's not my problem. let me
introduce you to a hemlock, or a crocodile..

It's me that lives in the country, surrounded by things that are trying
to kill me, each other, and poison us all.

Let me guess, you live in a sterile suburban house, from which every
bacterium is scrubbed, and only eat food that's been radiated enough to
be stocked on supermarket shelves for 4 weeks without going off..and
wouldn't eat a wild mushroom if it bit you.

And you have this fanciful notion that 'natural' means 'not made by
human intervention==OK and good' and 'unnatural' means made by man == bad'

O dear. This is the religion that sets man apart fom the animals and
Nature again isn't it?

Lets think of all the natural products that are banned, or restricetd
shall we?

Well there's things like opium, and psylocybin and cannabis.

There's things like Asbestos, and Radon, arsenic and cyanide.

Then there things that will definitely kill you. Lying around the
countryside. Like belladonna, hemlock, monkshood, foxglove, and half a
dozen species of fungi like Destrying angel, Death cap, several of the
inocybes and a few more..

Not to mention toxic baccilli like Anthrax, botulism, tetanus and many
others found all over your body, like streptococcus which WILL kill you
if they get the chance.

But you have a higher chance of being killed in a car crash. The most
damaging radiation apart from Radon (all natural) that you are exposed
to is sunlight: responsible for many fatal skin cancers every year.

And yet ypou want to risk the entire health of the nation on the basis
of a few kg of somehwat radioactive and toxic materials, when you know
that it is at far greater risk from the wholly naturally occurring CO2?

Or involve it in massive industrialisation and a complete loss of any
wilderness spaces, and create a country that is completely broken
economically, and covered in industrial plant greater tan te land area
of all its towns and cities, to gather every last ounce of 'renewable
energy' from the Great Fusion Reactor In The Sky?

Dont you think a little rearrangemnt of priorites is in order?

Or must the whole country suffer, as with Blair and Brown, because you
can never ever admit that you are wrong?