Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default dot matrix printer

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 12:31:06 +0000, Bruce wrote:

I know the inkjet would always be bunged up every time I wanted to use
it if that was only fortnightly, say.

Why not run a test print every couple of days? I run an A3 photo
through my Epson printer twice a week just to keep it all fluid.

Well we are talking domestic and A4 printers. If I was to do that I'd have
the towering stack of test prints and have run out of ink by the time I
wanted to do something in anger... Even with the increased home work load
the colour printer only does a few pages a week at roughly a week apart.
And it's still 50:50 as to if it will need a cleaning cycle before it
prints properly. Overall the inkjet is too much agro and expensive to run.

--
Cheers
Dave.