Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] acforn@zoominternet.net is offline

Default Front loading washers - any good?

On Feb 25, 11:55*pm, Ashton Crusher wrote:
I've had plain old top loaders for years. *I know the front loaders
are supposed to save water and soap but it seems like all I read about
them are horror stories of endless repairs, almost mandatory yearly
servicing's, etc. *What's the real story on these? *My top loaders
seem to last for years and years without ever needing service.

Had aMaytag for 20 years, used 40 gallons. per load,good service, but
hard on the septic
tank, in an area that is all clay. Bought a Bosch, 1140 spin, uses 13
gallon a load. Does a great job,
quiet,and the dryer works less. I should have bought one years ago!