Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default potassium cost vs salt

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Hmmm,
Even if for a person who has a compromised kidney function?
I had a kidney x-plant 16 years ago, sodium is big no, no.

Good point. I'm sure there's the occasional odd situation such as
yours. Heck, there might even be one or two who are allergic to salt!

On the other hand, maybe you just got a sub-standard kidney... Didn't
come from Walmart, did it?

That's not funny.

However, everyone needs some sodium in the diet. It is the overload that
can be damaging if kidney function is compromised. Allso, I don't think
you can be "allergic" in the official sense of the word to sodium or
potassium chloride.

Have you heard of thew guy who was suing his wife as part of the divorce
for his kidney back (he had donated his kidney to his wife) or $1.5
million? Judge threw it out as the kidney not being "marital" property.

--
Best regards
Han