Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bruce[_4_] Bruce[_4_] is offline

Default OT performing rights society

Jim wrote:
Bruce wrote:
If a high proportion of people respected copyright, prices could be
lower. The trouble is that prices stay high because only a small
proportion of music is being paid for.

You can't expect people to spend 10,000 quid to fill an iPod with music.
Compare this with a typical collection of 100 CDs which are worth
perhaps 1000 quid.

My iPod is almost entirely filled with MP3 files that I converted from
my existing CDs using iTunes, perfectly legally. The result is that
less than 5% of my MP3 files were bought as MP3 files.

ITYF that's still technically illegal.

Then someone had better sue Apple Computer for providing the facility
within iTunes!

I understood that the facility was the subject of detailed negotiations
prior to iTunes' release in the UK.