Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default dot matrix printer

In article ,
Bruce writes:
Tim Lamb wrote:

OK chaps.

Enough already:-)

Cheapo mono laser it is.

At one or two pages per week it still makes expensive copy but much less
aggravation.

But beware buying a new cheap mono laser that takes expensive toner
cartridges. I bought an HP LaserJet 1018 very cheaply on a special
offer at Staples - £49 against the usual street price of £79 to £99.

Genuine HP toner cartridges cost £72 at Staples and £63 at PC World. So
down to Cartridge World and I got a remanufactured toner cartridge for a
mere £29.

I bought an HP1022n a couple of years ago, and ordered a couple
of toner cartridges with it. IIRC, they were £25 each direct
from HP. However, the original cartridge hasn't run out yet.
It's probably not the same cartridge as yours, although it lists
a number of printer numbers just adjacent to 1018.

However, I've noticed a number of HP inkjet cartridges have gone
up by about 50% as the pound has dropped over the last several
months. That's actually stopped me buying an HP printer I was
considering.

--
Andrew Gabriel